FUNDRAISING SCRIPTURES and Principles:
1. Exodus 25-36: Moses appeals to the people for gifts to build the Tabernacle and the people give so generosity that he tells them they need to give no more. Campaigns are designed to create good will in the congregation.
2. 1 Chronicles 28-29: David discusses the vision for the new temple and initiates raising the funds. The people follow and support their King. Trusted leaders will be supported by the people
3. Nehemiah 1-2: Nehemiah asks for support and receives large gifts of materials and protection from the King. Without a capital campaign it is difficult for churches to succeed. Campaigns are faith journeys that create surprise gifts!
4. Luke 8:1-3: Jesus has a community of financial support. The people of your church are the primary constituents who will own and fund the vision.
5. II Corinthians 8-9: Paul has a plan to raise an offering. The plan includes the Macedonians and Jesus as example givers, letters, case statement, Titus and others as an outside team, financial stewardship teaching about sowing and reaping, weekly giving for one year. Planning is Essential to Fund Raising